Have you ever wished you could sit by the side of a composer during the entire creation of a musical score to a AAA video game? Well, your wish has finally been granted!
Join one of the most celebrated game composers of all time as he walks you through every single step of how he created the widely acclaimed original score to the hit Arkane game ‘DEATHLOOP.’
In this 7+ hour one-of-a-kind course, Salta will share with you, step by step, how he created the hit original score to Deathloop. In “The Brief” you will learn about Arkane’s original guidelines, inspiration, reference material and how Salta created the unique musical palette of the score. In “Music Overview” you will see how every minute of music was assigned in the game; all the area music, target music, exploration, fight, menus, stingers and cutscenes. “Into the Sandbox” will give you a rare glimpse into Salta’s earliest musical explorations, most not even making it into the game. In “The Main Theme” Salta breaks down the iconic Deathloop main theme, track by track. “In-Game Music” will give you a detailed breakdown of all in-game music, with track by track breakdowns of the music in all four areas of the game. “Music Delivery Prep” Salta demonstrates how he prepared all the arrangements and mixes, making sure everything is structured exactly how Arkane requested. He also will show his final ‘Quality Control’ process to ensure everything is perfect and ready to go in-game.
Everything you need to learn how to compose a AAA+ title is covered in this course.
SCORING AAA: DEATHLOOP EDITION
- Introduction [3m]
- Welcome to Scoring AAA: Deathloop Edition
- Course overview
- The Brief [45m]
- Arkane's guidelines
- Reference Material
- Defining the palette
- Musical Overview [12m]
- Various music "states"
- Breakdown of how the game is divided
- Explanation of music implementation structure
- Into the Sandbox [30m]
- Early exploration of ideas
- Instruments and sounds
- The Main Theme [25m]
- Main Theme breakdown
- Analysis of key instrumentation
- In-Game Music [4h 12m]
- All four main areas in track-by-track detail
- Time of day variations
- Target music breakdowns
- Menu music structure
- Cutscene walkthroughs (Spoiler alert!)
- Music Delivery Prep [1h 8m]
- Organizing and naming tracks/groupings/stems
- Quality control checking and fixing problems
-- Session Musicians (bonus footage) [15m]
- Brief and approach from session musicians
- Course completion [3m]
- INCLUSIVE ONE-TO-ONE ZOOM CALL [5m]
- AVAILABLE AT $499 ONE TIME PURCHASE OR TWO MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF $260.